We use Zoom for our online KK House Parties and online workshops.
If you haven’t done so already please download zoom.us to your laptop, PC or smart phone. Please note if you’re using a smart phone it’s best you keep this on a stand or tripod to keep your hands free. Here are some tips and guidelines to help you get the best use out of your experience!
Here are some tips to help you get the best out of your webcam experience.
- Turn ON your video. This is an absolute must. If we can’t see you, you’ll be thrown out of the party.
- Test your video and audio beforehand at zoom.us/test.
- Adjust your camera. Play around with the positioning of your camera ahead of the party.
- Look at the camera when you’re talking
- Consider your environment. Try to clear away anything that makes your screen appear ‘busy’. Aim for a simple background
- Lighting is key! Use soft flattering Lighting from the Front not the back.
- Don’t get too close. Position yourself so the camera is seeing more than just your face. This is more natural for the viewer
We should never see more than two people on your screen at any one time. Please make sure kids, house mates, pets and other family members are all out of the way.
A quick note to all the couples. If one of you needs to leave the camera area to go to the loo or grab a drink then that is fine but what we don’t want is single guys lingering alone (just like at the KK parties)